Sunday, November 10, 2013

One Person at a time...Meghan McCain


This is Meghan McCain. Yes, she is Senator McCain's daughter. Her political position means nothing to this blog. Her views and life story, however, are exactly what you will be learning about today.

Meghan as a child was ridiculed for weight. With children it is understandable, but when a grown woman mocks another because of their size, it's no wonder that I don't believe maturity and age do not correlate. This is all too familiar to a teenager in high school. How does this help though? Look at how she handles it, look at what pain she must feel because of her involvement in press. Yet she is strong. Can we not fight with the same resilience in our daily battles with bullies?

McCain is a perfect example for another one of my beliefs. I sometimes wonder if bullies that victimize to numb their pain check to see what strength, passion, and pain there is in someone's eyes. Meghan was known to have had some bumps in the road during her life that are just unsuitable for the goodness of human nature, a calling card to any type of bully. I love when bullies go after these people that have dealt internally with their faults already. They fail, miserably. You cannot expect to get joy from being shot of your high horse while attempting to trample someone who is holding a shotgun.
This is a short piece from Meghan's TV show 'Raising McCain' on Pivot. clip holds importance, at least to me, because their testimonies hit so close to home for so many people. Did you listen to each of their stories? How they were personally antagonized for being themselves? I made this blog because I love people, I want there to be hope for those that live in the darkest places. That video is the epitome of hope. I'm not comparing myself to McCain, but I am proud that we both see that we are in a tunnel, not a sealed box.

When you feel like giving up, don't. Situations change so quickly that what you think is worth dying over today could just be a bad memory in a week. Stay positive, stay strong. The bullies may not go away, but you will grow to be stronger than them. People ask how to handle bullies, but the real question is how do you make oneself less angered or in pain, as well as how do I stopping getting in places that directly enable oneself to be hurt.

I have noticed that I put a moderate amount of questions on my blog. It is natural for me, the voice in my head is shown through the questions. Are they helpful for you though? (Yet another question...) This blog is not just to improve my writing skills, it is to provide a informational source that hopefully appeals to your emotions and thoughts. Maybe I am failing miserably at that, but I want to know what you think, so feel free to comment as always.
Thank you and I love you,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment