Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 1: Let's Get Started

First of all, this is a Genius Hour blog, meaning I am writing about a subject I find interesting and would much rather be working on than anything else. I am truly committed to this subject in particular because of my past, present, and most likely, future. I am very interested in working with people and to me, this is a great way to start learning about that field of study. Now on to the project plan!
This blog is to help put into perspective and understand what bullying is and how it is effecting the teens of this day and age. I want to know why we have bullies, but just as importantly I want to know how to make the world a happier place by reducing the amount of bullies. This has been a subject really placed on my heart, along with service in general. The idea of helping even one person is more than I could ask for. This blog is not only for my own personal use, it is for everyone. Every single person has a part in contributing somehow to stop the inequality occurring each day all around us. Bullying isn't what it used to be, it's evolved, and it's our responsibility to get it back under control. If this blog can help me put this situation in words, then maybe you will see that action needs to be taken. This blog will contain, but is not limited to: Origins/Evolution of Bullies, Bullies in School, Cyberbullying, Girls vs. Boys and how they differ, How to Help when You See Bullying, How to Overcome the Fear of Bullies, How to Ask for Help, Bullies I have Met and Challenged, and How to not let Bullies Decide who You are. My own personal beliefs will be thrown in this blog, so do be mindful if you comment and remember this blog is for useful purposes only, not rants. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and wish me luck!
-Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, this is a great idea that I think the world needs. :)

    Also, could you make your font a bit bigger? I have old-person eyes.

    ReplyDelete